Sunday 31 October 2010

Interview: Dino Dacanay, from Philippines

This weekend I'v interviewed  Dino Dacanay, from Philippines who is studying first year of advertising at UNAV. His full name is Alan Adrian A. Dacanay Jr and he is 20, but everyone calls him Dino. I thought it would be interesting to know the experiences of a student that came from so far away and know his first impression of studying abroad.


1.Why did you chose to come to UNAV?

-Ever since high school, I have always dreamed of studying abroad. When I found out that UNAV offered one of the best courses in communications, I had no hesitations in studying here. So next year, I will be transferring from my university in the Philippines to UNAV.


2.And how did you find out unav?

-I studied in an Opus Dei private school in the Philippines. My school entertained a representative from UNAV and they talked about UNAV to us.


3.What are your first impressions in these 2 months at unav?

-My first impressions would be that I was amazed with the diversity of people who study here and the fact that it is similar in some ways to my university in the Philippines.


4.Have you had any shock with the difference between philippines and pamplona? Is there anything you don't like?
 
-There was not much shock because I took my first 2 years of college in the Philippines so transition from High School to College was not that bad. At the same time culture wise, there was not much shock since I have been to UNAV more than 8 times in the past 3 years to visit my brother. So I am accustomed to the way of life here already.








5.What do you like the most about university? And about Pamplona?

-It's bigger compared to my university in the Philippines and there are a lot of people who come from different social and cultural backgrounds. what I love about pamplona is how everything is in walking distance.


6.What do you miss the most? (if you miss anything)

- I miss home cooked food by my mom. She makes the meanest Adobo (shredded fried pork). No one can ever make them as good as my mom makes them. I also miss my family as well as all my friends back home.


7.Would you recommend this experience to other students?

-Definitely. It's a chance for everyone to meet people from different countries as well as a chance for them to become more open minded about different things such as religion, cultural differences, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment